We have a School Council which meets regularly to discuss ways to improve their school, organise activities and fundraising and act as pupil voice for their class.
Children are elected to the School Council by their class through a secret ballot. The class share their ideas with their class representative who presents these at school council meetings.
Recent School Council activities have included
– choosing and ordering playtime games equipment
– choosing, ordering and helping to install new wall boards to make the play areas more attractive
– advising the headteacher on replacement playground markings
– organising a cake sale to raise funds for the Harry Johnson trust
– organising a sport activity day to raise funds for the Harry Johnson Trust
– providing representatives to attend a Safer Schools’ Meeting